There are few factors you need to consider when making your electrical purchase. The first is how many lights will I have? Each transformer is rated for a different number of lights so if you want to do lots of lighting you will either need one large transformer. Some basic requirements for electricity installation are Pilot hole punch, tape wire, Brass Brands, Transformer, Junction Splice, Lead-In wire etc.
Time Required: Depends on the size of the doll house.
- Switches: Switches are used to turn on and off lights or other electrical items in the room. The wiring of switches requires patience and precision. Some of the switches have brass cover on it that makes the switch look more realistic.
- Outlets: There are few ways to get the power to your light and appliances. You can either make the electricity flow directly from the wire to the appliance or by using brads or eyelets. The simplest and safest method is to use outlets. These are basically plugs that accommodate two pins at a time. It is the most convenient method.
- Light Bulbs: There are several types of bulbs available in the market. Some of them include fluorette bulb, chandeliers and many more. Dollhouse bulbs are coded with letters like “R”, “B”,”F” and so on. These have different meanings or you can say that these letters are used to identify bulbs.
- Batteries: The battery used in doll house is 3 volt. It requires two 1.5 v “C” type cell. To use battery supply you need to have bulbs that work on 3 v of electricity.
- Transformer: All the system utilizes 12-v doll house transformer. These transformers have automatic circuit breakers that protect the transformers in case of overload.
- Always fix the wire properly, a loose wiring can result in fire.
- Don’t overload the transformer with unnecessary loads.
- Ceiling and wallpapering should be done before the electrical wiring.
- Install the wire by placing it in the groove. Remember to keep the wire taut, but don't pinch it.
- Always have the switch off while you are running tape or making connections, so that you will not cause a short.
- ry to avoid handling the adhesive side of the tape any more than necessary, since fingerprints tend to reduce the adhesive quality of the tape.
What You Need:
- Adhesive electrical tapes.
- Drill machine
- Electrical equipments, like transformers, sockets, bulbs, switches and more..