Constructing a doll house can be a daunting case if you begin without proper planning. It is imperative to think through your plan before you actually begin the construction process. Doll house construction requires precision and tons and tons of patience. Decide prior, things like, will the doll house have lights? Whether you want wallpaper, wood flooring or carpets? Once you have the clear picture of your doll house in your mind, it will certainly help in achieving your desired goal.
Time Required: Depends on the style you want to adopt.
- First build the walls of the doll house
- Seal the inside and outside shell of the doll house (Not necessarily)
- Apply paint on the interior of the doll house.
- Apply paint on the clapboard, windows, doors, porch post, railings, spindles, shutters and exteriors with semi gloss paint.
- Construct brick chimney.
- Apply clapboard on the walls. (You can paint it once it is applied)
- Remove irregular and unwanted parts from the roof by trimming it.
- If you want porch in your doll house, put porch post, railing, spindles and trim the porch.
- Wire your doll house now (if not done before).
- Apply wallpaper or paint the ceiling
- Do the same with the walls, either apply wallpaper or paint the wall.
- Apply glue on exterior windows, doors and shutters.
- Either go for hard flooring or apply carpet.
- Glue in the staircase, and doors.
- Install ceiling lights and electrical equipments.
- Keep all the materials together.
- Use quality adhesive.
- It can time hours of hours, so have patience.
- Follow the instruction provided with the kit. Read chapter in its proper order.
- Prior planning is most important.
What You Need:
- Proper working place
- Right kind of tools and equipments
- Dollhouse accessories and kits