Making your own Dollhouse bed can be really fun and imaginative! All you need is some basic craft skills with loads of creative imagination to make your own dollhouse bed. This step-by-step guide will teach you how to make a lovely dollhouse bed for your dollhouse in a simple way.
-Simple steps for making your own dollhouse bed
The basic materials that you will need to make your own dollhouse bed include
Colorful fabrics, adhesive glue, Styrofoam, good foam, trim, sheets of linen, batting along with thick cardboard pieces.
- Make the base of the bed using a Styrofoam depending on the size you prefer. You could use a 6 inches by 4 inches piece of cut Styrofoam for the dollhouse bed.
- Prepare folds and pleats from the colorful fabric using a pin with glue, stick it to the base. You can also use ribbon or cords to secure the edges so that the bedspread can cover all the given edges of the dollhouse bed.
- Now you can make a mattress using the foam and also attach a slipcase made from other leftover fabric that can cover the mattress of the dollhouse bed.
- You can also make a headboard for the dollhouse bed using a fabric using thick cardboard pieces and attach it using glue.
- Make bedspreads by sewing a linen sheet or a ribbon or a lace fabric for the dollhouse bed. You can also create lovely pillows out of fabric scraps and batting with beautiful trims for the ends using laces.